How to Easily Change the Location of your Outdoor Sculpture
Your garden paradise is now ready for the finishing touch: a Jon Allen original Fine Art Metal Sculpture. However, choosing the right location for your sculpture can be a challenge if you feel it looks good in more than one spot. There is a simple solution to this problem.
Every Jon Allen Fine Abstract Metal Free-Standing Sculpture features a pre-attached base plate with pre-drilled holes. These pre-drilled holes make it simple and easy to mount the sculptures to floor surfaces such as concrete, brick, or stone. However, if you want to make the sculpture more portable, simple attach the base plate to a garden paver.
There are some important rules that should be followed when attaching your sculpture to any material paver:
- Depending on what material the paver is made of, only the appropriate screws and bolts for that material should be used. Be sure to read the labels on the packages carefully to make sure you buy the correct screws.
- Make sure you have the correct length for the paver you plan to use for this project. If the screw is too long, it may go through the bottom of your paver.
- Whenever possible, it is best to drill a hole in the paver first to guide the screw into.
- The hole should always be slightly smaller than the diameter of the screws you are using.
- All Jon Allen baseplates have a thickness of ¼”. If your paver is 2″ thick, for example, then make sure the screw is at least ½” less than 2 ¼”.
- To correctly measure the length of the hole you need to drill, you can mark off the drill bit using a piece of tape. Make sure to place the tape ABOVE the length you need to drill.
- Be sure to wear protective gear whenever you drill holes into any material. Put on safety goggles to protect your eyes, and put noise-reducing plugs or headphones on to protect your ears.
Once the sculpture is attached to your paver, you are ready to go!
To view more of Jon Allen’s work, please visit his website at http://www.statements2000.com
To purchase your own original Jon Allen Fine Metal Art Wall Sculpture, please contact us at:
Phone: (561) 249-1587
Fax: (561) 249-1586
This entry was posted on May 23, 2011 by jonallenfinemetalart. It was filed under How To and was tagged with abstract, art, art placement, artwork, decor, decorating, garden art, garden sculpture, how to, jon allen, metal, metal artwork, metal sculpture, metallic, sculpture.